Sunday, December 8, 2013

I am beyond amazed and astounded to announce that Jennie's Angel Tree goal has been met! She is now $1000 (+/-) closer to the love of a forever family!!
 
Let me back up,...
 
I had the pleasure of spending some time at my mom and dad's for the week of Thanksgiving, enjoying some time with our extended family. I had big plans for schoolwork, eating well, and even selling stuff (you should have seen my "to take" pile, it was a real "Brink" moment :) Well you know, best laid plans and all... The kids and I did not do ANY school work, I ate ALL the wrong foods (and way too much of it), and I brought home most of my sell pile. Some items sold while we were there, and it was nice to be able to ship them, explaining my project to extended family members.
 
But the real excitement was Jennie's angel tree account. With all the busyness and excitement, I hadn't checked her grant account in probably a week. After shipping some items and calculating the net amount for donation, I went to reecesrainbow.org to donate the sold amounts, only to find her grant account had TRIPLED!!!
 
TRIPLED!!
 
I could not believe my eyes; I erupted with excitement, telling everyone the good news! I found myself really wishing there was some way to know who gave it, so I could properly and profusely thank them!! All the glory goes to the Lord for raising what might as well have been a million dollars to me.
 
Now we just need to find her a family :)
 
Speaking of which, FOURTEEN children have "found their families" during this years Angel Tree! That is exciting!! 14 children, Lord-willing, will never have to spend another Christmas alone.
 
 
Sing to God, sing in praise of his name,
    extol him who rides on the clouds;
    rejoice before him—his name is the Lord.
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
    is God in his holy dwelling.
 God sets the lonely in families.
Psalms 68

Stay tuned, next I plan to help another Angel Tree warrior reach their child's goal!
 
Thanks again for your support in this Family Christmas Project! If you'd still like to donate to Jennie, go here. Use ctrl-F to search her name.
 

No comments: