Saturday, November 23, 2013

That Still Small Voice

Hello friends!

Well we all survived,... pizza night without Tony's, I mean. We ended up having homemade pizzas on leftover (read: OLD) hamburger buns and bagel bites from the freezer. I tried to cheer everyone up by promising the canoli kit we had gotten at Costco the week before; major fail! Apparently my family doesn't like the finer things in life, which unfortunately leaves me with a lot of canoli to eat...

But it was a success on the Jennie front!! That left us with a little extra money to give to Jennie's future adoption fund, and it looks like a few other donations were made as well!!
THANK YOU!!
If you donated, I'd love to hear from you to personally say thanks. The kids would like to offer thanks as well in the form of rainbow loom bracelets! If you have kids, you may be as sick as I am of finding stray rubber bands on the floor, or piles of bracelets "charging" under a lamp (the glow-in-the-dark ones are pretty cool!). But their heart is in this, and they'd love to send you a custom colored bracelet in gratitude!



 photo fishtailbracelets.jpg


On the fundraising front, I've continued cleaning out and purging our home in order to find more things to sell. Pretty much, nothing is safe here!! If you want to keep it, hide it! Not really, but I am doing my best to earn money for Jennie and God is blessing the effort.

Last week, His hand was evident when a sort-of big ticket item we had listed to sell NO LESS THAN 10 times, finally sold. I wasn't even in the same state, my generous dad had to do the dirty work for me. Last year when we moved to SC, we left a set of tires and rims at my parents house, planning to sell them in Atlanta, which has a much larger Craigslist audience. Over the last year, we proceeded MANY times to try to get those tires sold and out of my parents garage, to no avail. Last week I listed the tires again, knowing we would be in GA for thanksgiving and hoping to sell them while there. A few days later, I received a reply and the details just fell into place, including the buyer driving over 2 hours to pick them up, and my dad being home to show them to him, inspite of his busy schedule. FINALLY! Useless (to us) junk gone, and money in hand!

That small windfall wasn't dog-eared for anything, As I pondered what we might be able to do with that money (Christmas, a plane ticket to visit a new baby in the family, etc), it occurred to me that WE were not successful in selling those tires. Over and over, we tried and there they sat. That money came in at this time, and I believe, for this reason. God had much bigger plans for those funds. As we continued to think about this, that Still Small Voice kept whispering to me "Whatever you've done for the least of these..." And it became very certain, this was not our money to begin with. So giving it to Him, for this purpose of caring for a fatherless little girl in Asia, couldn't make more sense. Not my plans, but His. I'm really hoping to still find the funds to visit that new baby though!
 
 
 photo Jennie.png
 
'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'
Matthew 25:40

Thanks again for your support in this Christmas endeavor. If you'd like to donate to Jennie, go here. Use ctrl-F to search her name.

No comments: