Tuesday, November 12, 2013

An Update and a Challenge

 
As an Angel Tree Warrior, I have enjoyed being a part of an online group for such persons. There are countless raffles being held, homemade goods being offered, even husbands offering to shave their head for donations! Its very exciting to see the progress the other warriors are making toward their angel tree goals. I'm hoping to implement some of their ideas in the next few weeks!
 
Many people thinking about adoption consider the financial aspect to be one of the greatest hurdles.  I have read some incredible stories (like this one) of the provision God imparts to the families who step forward in faith, even when the total seems insurmountable. Jehovah Jirah. My God will supply all my needs.
Part of this endeavor for Jennie is to help remove the financial barrier between her and her forever family. God has many ways to meet the financial need of adopting families, and He gives each of us the opportunity to be a part of His plan to care for the fatherless.
My original vision back in October at the concert was to "sell stuff online". Since then, I have been busy listing things for sale on ebay and craigslist, and have managed to make a few sales. Even the smallest amount helps to fund Jennie’s future adoption. Purging unneeded items from my house is an added benefit! Think Landon would notice if all the legos suddenly went missing? We could stand to purge a few legos, OMGoodness.
 
Even better than the funds raised though is all the people coming face to face with Jennie and her plight in each of my listings and packages being shipped. I pray some seeds are being planted, and that the seeds grow to become action, hands and feet serving others.



 
Now for the Challenge:
 photo 9e1f64e7-3ef1-482b-840e-3770987f9e57.jpg
 
 
Our family enjoys family fun night once a week, in which we order pizza, eat M&M's and drink soda (my reputation is ruined,…), while enjoying a movie or games.  Every Friday, we call in our order for 2 pizzas, some wings and a soda and we go pick it up from Tony’s. $21.59. This week, I want to challenge my family to forego the pizza, and give the $21.59 to Jennie. I’m not going to pretend I make good pizza, because the truth is, my cooking gets complaints more often than not (I can’t compete with junk food).  But one night without Tony’s wont kill my kids. Or Lance. I'll let you know how it goes...



 
Would you consider planning to give up one restaurant meal out for Jennie? Make your lunch and give Jennie the $5 just once this week? Your gift is truly the gift of LIFE, HOPE, and a FAMILY for an orphaned child with Down syndrome.  I can't think of a better investment with that $5.
 
 photo fivedollarbill.jpg

No comments: